The University of Tampa was established by Frederic Spaulding in 1931 as Tampa Junior College, and was founded to serve as an institution of higher education for Florida’s west coast. In 1933, UT moved to its current location, the then-defunct Tampa Bay Hotel originally built between 1884 and 1891 by Florida railroad magnate, Henry B. Plant.
Schiller Salvage has had the privilege to participate in the yearly restoration projects ongoing at the University of Tampa. Mainly taking place in the Tampa Bay Hotel, or now known as Plant Hall. Some items acquired from the university include, iron work, original flooring, decorative tile and moldings.